As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft fürInternationaleZusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational training, Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and Energy.
For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam.
The Mekong Delta Climate Resilience Programme (MCRP) (2019-2021) is a technical cooperation programme, jointlyfunded by the governments of Viet Nam and Germany and implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). Its objective is to support the Vietnamese authorities on their path for a sustainable development of the Mekong Delta through the climate-resilient management of natural resources along the coast. MCRP focuses on three working areas:
(1) Governance support for national level and 13 Mekong Delta provinces: support the establishment of an institutional framework for regional coordination in the Mekong Delta
(2) Investment policy for national level and 13 Mekong Delta provinces: support the improvement of investment planning and coordination for a climate-resilient and gender-sensitive land and water use management including coastal protection for the Mekong Delta
(3) Technology and solutions for seven coastal provinces and An Giang province of the Mekong Delta to intensify the use of innovative and climate-adapted technologies and solutions
MCRP has a comprehensive workplan focused on three key areas: land-use and agriculture, water, and regional coordination in the Mekong Delta. To effectively carry out the programme activities, additional human resources are required.
In particular, this vacancy announcement relates to a recent additional commission along the coast of the Mekong Delta that will look into the following two project components:
(1) Mangrove rehabilitation: T-Fences are in place to protect the coastline, Mangrove mudflats have been rehabilitated at two sites, Opportunities to develop a mangrove nursery have been explored.
(2) Enable communities to manage the rehabilitated forests: Communities are aware of the importance of mangroves, Communities co-manage the mangrove forests and surrounding natural resources, Communities benefit from additional income opportunities provided by the forests.
The Mekong Delta Climate Resilience Programme (MCRP) is thus looking for a qualified local professional for the position of:
Programme Officer in mangrove rehabilitation
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions with a friendly and creative working environment, open corporate culture, competitive benefits and compensation and good policies of training and development.
Note:Please state “Application for the Programme Officer – Mangrove Rehabilitation /MCRP”in the subject line or on the envelope. The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form with link download here:http://bit.ly/2nyiCY6
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE